"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love . . . "
1. Have you ever experienced substantial grief in your life? What caused this grief?
2. How did you cope with this grief?
3. How do you reconcile there being a "good God" with the existence of pain and suffering in the world?
4. What kind of "comfort" can exist from God' love?
5. Do you personally experience comfort from God's love? What does that look like? If not, is that something you are open to experiencing? Why or why not?