"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value other above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others."
Phil. 2:1-4, NIV (Emphasis mine)
1. What stands out to you from this passage of the Bible?
2. What is the hardest thing being asked?
3. Why is Christian community important?
4. Do you currently have a high, low, or indifferent view of the importance of Christian community and your involvement in it? Why or Why not?
5. What is most appealing to you of a community who is described to you as including qualities such as being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and one mind, doing nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, humble, and valuing others above themselves? Why?